Dear Charlotte’s Web family,
We’re writing to ask for your help. Recently, legislation was introduced in the Florida Legislature that would restrict access of Floridians to hemp-derived CBD products. Protect your access by contacting your Florida lawmakers!
The intent of these bills is to protect Florida’s children from high-potency THC products, but unfortunately as drafted the bills would severely restrict access to non-intoxicating full-spectrum hemp products as well. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen states try to enact regulation on our industry that is detrimental to consumers seeking to manage their own wellness. We’ve been working hard with legislators in states across the country to ensure our family of customers has access to the highest quality full-spectrum CBD products.
We need your help to protect access to hemp products in Florida. Charlotte’s Web is proud of our role in the first Florida cannabis bill back in 2014 called the ‘Charlotte’s Web Medical Access Act,’ and we continue to be advocates for access. We encourage you to join us and take action to protect access to full-spectrum hemp-derived CBD products in Florida.
Here’s what’s going on in Florida:
- SB 1676 and HB 1475 would limit total THC in hemp products to 0.5 mg per serving and 2 mg per package, and further restrict these products to adults 21+.
- The arbitrary and overly restrictive THC limits for hemp products would sweep in most non-intoxicating full-spectrum CBD products and would virtually eliminate the industry.
Why is Charlotte’s Web opposed to these bills?
- We support efforts to address intoxicating hemp products such as delta-8 THC, however we do not support the approach currently taken in SB 1676 and HB 1475.
- The products we manufacture and sell are full spectrum hemp products with naturally occurring CBD. Full-spectrum products contain trace amounts of other plant compounds including THC at less than 0.3% THC (as permitted under the 2018 Farm Bill).
- Thousands of your fellow Floridians rely on our products for their general wellness and we want to protect their access.
- If these bills are enacted as-is, they would severely restrict Florida consumers access to full-spectrum CBD products via ecommerce and retail outlets.
Here’s how you can help:
If you have questions, we can help. Shoot us a DM on Twitter or Instagram.