A cafe in the Illawarra is among a growing list of COVID-19 exposure sites across NSW, as the eastern suburbs cluster now stands at six cases.
The addition of The Broken Drum Cafe in Fairy Meadow comes after a man who tested positive to the virus attended the venue.
The Sydney man in his 30s had also visited Bondi, Surry Hills and Westfield Bondi Junction. His infection was reported last night but missed the 8:00pm reporting period and will be counted in Sunday’s figures.
Saturday’s other new case was a woman in her late 40s who lives in the Bondi Junction area. How and when she became infected was as yet unknown, but she walked regularly through the Westfield shopping centre, NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said.
These two latest cases join the 60-year-old limousine driver who experienced the onset of symptoms around June 13 and was the first reported case in the eastern suburbs cluster. He was found to have contracted the highly infectious Delta strain.
His wife was later diagnosed with coronavirus. Her case was soon followed by a woman in her 70s who was sitting outside the Belle Cafe at Vaucluse at the same time as the limousine driver was inside the venue.
Health officials believe there must have been a crossover event between the two individuals at some point as the woman also contracted the Delta strain.
On Friday, it was announced that a man in his 50s became infected after being in the vicinity of the limousine driver for a matter of seconds.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said it was scary how a “fleeting passing” is all it takes in some instances for the virus to spread.
Due to the outbreak, the wearing of masks on public transport is mandatory across Greater Sydney until next Thursday.
Further restrictions have been ruled out at this stage but authorities have urged those living in the eastern suburbs to minimise their exposure to others.
As the number of venues visited by infectious cases grow, NSW residents have also been asked to regularly check NSW Health’s website for updates of exposure sites.
As at 10:00pm on Saturday, the following have been identified by NSW Health as venues of concern.
Anyone who visited Bondi Junction, including the car park, at the following times has been asked to get a COVID-19 test, even if they don’t have symptoms.
- Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, June 12 from 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, June 13 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm, and 4:00pm to 4:30pm
Anyone who visited these locations should call NSW Health, get tested and self isolate until they receive further advice from the department:
- Fitness First Pitt Street Platinum, 255 Pitt Street, June 16 from 12:30pm to 1:15pm
- Fitness First Bond Street Platinum, 20 Bond Street, June 17 from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Baby Bunting Shellharbour, 5 Range Road, Shellharbour Park, June 18 from 4:30pm to 5:15pm
Anyone who has visited the following venues is considered to be a close contact and urged to test immediately and self-isolate for 14 days.
- Salvos Stores at Tempe, 7 Bellevue Street, Wednesday 16 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- David Jones Bondi, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 12 from 10:55am to 11:15am
- Harry’s Coffee Kitchen, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 3:10pm to 3:55pm
- Myer Bondi, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 12 from 11:15am to 11:50am
- Tea Gardens Hotel, 2-4 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 5:00pm to 5:15pm
- Sourdough Bakery, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 11, from 12:35pm to 12:50pm
- David Jones Bondi Level 1, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 3:55pm to 4:15pm
- Event Cinema, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 1:30pm to 4:00pm
- The Broken Drum Cafe, 6/78 Princes Highway, Daisy Street, Fairy Meadow, June 18 from 10:20am to 10:40am
- Harris Farms, Shop B1, 51-57 Norton Street, Leichhardt, June 15 from 9:50am to 10:05am
- Amaroo Tavern, Amaroo Drive, Moree, June 4 from 4:50pm to 6:30pm
- Adora Handmade Chocolates, 2/325 King Street, June 13 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Cemetery Cafe Macquarie Park, Macquarie Park Cemetery, Corner Delhi Road and Plassey Road, June 15 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Northmead Bowling Club, 166 Windsor Rd, Northmead, June 13, from 3:30pm to 10:00pm
- The Twisted Olive, 684 Bourke Street, Redfern, June 13 from 12:50pm to 1:20pm
- Wax Car Wash Cafe, 375 Cleveland Street, Redfern, June 14 from 12:25pm to 1:10pm
- Rocco’s, 103B Laguna Street, June 14 from 10:55am to 11:30am
- Belle Cafe, 103 New South Head Road, Vaucluse, June 11 from 9:15am to 9:50am. June 12 from 10:20am to 10:45am. June 12 from 1:20pm to 1:50pm. June 13 from 11:30am to 12:00pm. June 15 from 9:50am to 10:25am
- Washoku, 52 New South Head Road, Vaucluse, June 12 from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
Anyone who has attended the following venues is deemed a casual contact and is urged to get tested and self-isolate until a negative result.
- Aldi, Bondi Junction, Spring Street, June 14, from 9:50am to 10:10am
- Coles, Bondi Junction, Spring Street and Newland Street, June 14 from 10:00am to 10:30pm
- Chemist Warehouse Pitt Street, 1/249-251 Pitt Street, June 15 from 12:30pm to 1:00pm
- Square Sandwhiches, 24/264 George Street, June 15 from 2:45pm to 3:15pm and June 16 from 2:45pm to 3:15pm
- Salvos Stores at Tempe, 7 Bellevue Street, June 16 from 9:00am to 10:10am
- Chemist Warehouse Bondi Junction, 211 Oxford Street, June 16 from 5:30pm to 6:00pm
- Woolworths Pitt Street Mall, 400 George Street Sydney, June 16 from 12:20pm to 12:40pm
- Bakers Delight shop front near Wynyard Station, MetCentre, Stop T14, 273 George Street, June 16 from 12:20pm to 12:40pm
- The Health Emporium, 263-265 Bondi Road, Bondi, June 15 from 12:15pm to 12:45pm
- Fruitologist, 151 Bondi Road, Bondi, June 15 from 12:15pm to 12:45pm
- Aldi, Eastgate Bondi Junction, 71-91 Spring Street, June 14 from 11:20am to 11:50am
- Bondi Junction Interchange Food Court, 422 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 3:05pm to 3:15pm
- Bondi Junction Westfield Level 5 Food court, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 1:15pm to 1:45pm
- Daiso, 430 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 16 from 12:00pm to 12:30pm
- Eastgate Bondi Junction – Ground floor food court, 71-91 Spring Street, June 14 from 11:15am to 11:25am
- Ichiban Boshi, 1/171-173 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 16 from 11:40am to 12:15pm
- Mitre10, 452 Oxford Street, June 16 from 12:15pm to 12:45pm
- Myer Bondi Junction Level 2, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 13 from 10:00am to 10:30am
- NAB in Westfield, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 15 from 2:45pm to 3:10pm
- Woolworths, Westfield Bondi Junction, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, June 14 from 2:15pm to 2:40pm. June 13 from 4:00pm to 4:20pm
- The Alkalizer, Campbelltown Council Building, 91 Queen Street, June 15 from 9:00am to 10:00am
- Spotlight Castle Hill, 12 Victoria Avenue, June 15 from 11:am to 11:20am
- Contents International Design and Luxury Store, 19/20C Hills Super Centre North 18 Victoria Ave, June 15 from 11:20am to 11:45am
- Birkenhead Point Brand Outlet, 19 Roseby Street, June 15 from 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Flower Power Garden Centre, 609 Old Northern Road, Glenhaven, June 12 from 2:00pm to 2:30pm
- Eden Gardens, 307 Lane Cove Road, Macquarie Park, June 13 from 12:30pm to 1:00pm
- Stocklands Merrylands Shopping Centre, Merrylands, 1 Pitt Street June 14 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Cafe Omega, 145 Balo Street, Moree, June 4 from 7:00am to 9:30pm, and 1:50am to 2:00pm
- Greenwood Grocer, Greenwood Plaza. lower Level, 71/36 Blue Street, North Sydney, June 15 from 5:00pm to 5:20pm